On behalf of our client, major British Recruitment Agency, we are looking for candidates for the position of:
Senior Environmental Engineer
Ref. No: SR/ENV/ENG
The Senior Environmental Engineer reports directly to the HSE Division Manager along with a Senior HSE Engineer, a Senior Safety Engineer and a Senior Occupational Health Specialist.
The major challenge for the Senior Environmental Engineer is to strive imaginatively for the continuous improvement of environmental performance. The jobholder must exercise judgment on appropriate policies, standards and actions in an industry with a high technical complexity and inherent environmental risks. Local culture and public opinion is becoming increasingly aware of environmental issues and this requires the balancing of the long-term cost of environmental policies with the benefits in terms of reduced environmental risks. A wide range of internal contacts (from individuals to Division Managers) and external contacts is required to ensure compliance with standards, development of best practice and enhancement of Company reputation.
- To support the provision of independent technical expertise on all aspects of Environmental Management.
- To support the development and implementation of Environmental Management Systems and, through line management, achieve the environmental goals and objectives of the Company.
- To support the provision of professional advice to the Divisional HSE Superintendents.
- To develop and support the implementation of air quality monitoring, measurement, sampling, and dispersion modeling.
- To develop and support the implementation of waste management controls and reduction programmers.
- To assist with the development and maintenance of Company environmental protection policies, standards and procedures, which incorporate UAE statutory requirements.
- To assist with the development and maintenance of Emergency Response procedures in order to reduce the risk to personnel, assets and Company reputation. To conduct emergency exercises to verify the effectiveness of these procedures.
- To provide appropriate environmental training and assist with the development of a competency assurance process.
- To analyze and evaluate Company environmental performance through accurate and timely reporting against plans/targets.
- To support the investigation and appraisal of environmental incidents and to develop remedial actions to reduce environmental risks.
- To manage environmental audits of Company operations and facilities. To ensure that audits are completed on schedule and that resultant action plans are implemented.
- To support actions to ensure that Contractors manage their enviromnental performance in accordance with Company policy.
- To ensure that environmental protection is managed with the diligence accorded to other critical business (establishment of Environmental Management as a critical business activity is required).
- To influence the hearts and minds of all Company and Contractor employees to strive for continuous improvement in environmental performance (cultural change required).
- To develop a proactive approach to environmental risk management (shift from the current reactive approach is required).
- Degree in Engineering (Chemistry / Physics) + 10 years experience in Environmental issues, Gas / Petrochemical Industries.
- Excellent English skills
- Attractive work in very challenging environment
- Excellent salary and benefits
Please send your application (CV and covering letter) in English and Polish with given reference number to the email address:
We reserve the right to contact only the chosen candidates.
In your application please include the following statement:
I hereby agree for processing the following personal information strictly for recruitment purposes in accordance with the regulation regarding the protection of personal data passed on the following date: 29.08.97r. Dz.U nr 133 poz. 883.
Podziel się ze znajomymi